From April 1 to May 9, we will be conducting the 2016 municipal census. Your participation in the census helps to ensure The City of Red Deer receives its fair share of grant funding, which is important to support growth and services in our community. For 2016, it is estimated that The City will receive approximately $236.34 per person in federal and provincial grants, based on the number of people counted in the census. The municipal census helps The City plan for growth and development, and give us an opportunity to better understand and address the needs of our community.
How to participate
- The online census form is now closed.
- Residents are able to call the Census Office at 403-342-8317 from April 1 to May 9.
Enumerators collecting information
- Starting April 15, enumerators will begin knocking on the doors of residents who did not participate in the online option.
- Enumerators will spend approximately three weeks going around Red Deer to collect responses; some enumerators will be using tablets to collect the data.
What we are asking
This year, we are asking:
- Number of people in the household?
- What is the sex and year of birth for each person?
In late July, The City of Red Deer will compile a final report to be released to the public online. The report will include all statistics collected. The 2016 Census report can be found on this page.
If you would like more information about The City of Red Deer census, contact Legislative Services.
View census results from 2008-2015.