Timberlands Architectural Controls
The City of Red Deer has contracted IBI Group to review and approve all architectural components. All information is to be submitted via their website: www.archcontrol.com.
The following information is required to be included in your submitted Plot Plan (1:200 scale):
- Lot Size
- Building envelope
- Lot coverage
- Easement and utility right of way
- Property and house corner grades Construction Drawings (1/4”=1’; 3/16”=1’)
As per the Land Sale Agreement, Architectural Controls must be completed within 36 months of the Closing Date. All or a portion of the $10,000 security deposit can be used to ensure builders complete these requirements.
Before The City will issue Building Certificates, the builder is required to have their surveyors complete and verify the grade slip, provided by the Architectural Control Consultant, IBI Group. Once the grade slip has been verified by IBI Group, The City will issue the necessary Building Certificates.
The Timberlands North Top of Footing Certificate (pdf) must be completed by one of the following professionals and submitted by the builder to the City's Inspections & Licensing department before a building permit can be issued:
- Land Surveyor Practitioner (as that term is used in the Land Surveyors Act R.S.A. 2000 c. L-3).
- Professional Engineer (as that term is used in the Engineering Geological and Geophysical Professionals Act R.S.A. 200 c E-11).
- Registered Architect (as that term is used in the Architects Act R.S.A 200 c. A-44).
Timberlands North Architectural Controls 2019 (pdf) - This booklet provides information on how to properly submit your application for approval of architectural components.