Collicutt Centre Enhancements
- In the 2014 Community Amenities prioritization process, Collicutt Centre enhancements were identified as a community priority.
- The original construction of the Collicutt Centre Water Park included the infrastructure to support a second water slide.
- The Collicutt Centre Water Park has been built to accommodate a second waterslide with support pillars and infrastructure in place to move forward when the priority for a second slide line up with capital priorities for The City.
- The addition of a second water slide would be a new experience to sustain and enhance new visits to the Collicutt Centre.
- Additional recreation space was identified by the community as a priority through the Community Amenity public consultation process. With the construction of the north east high school and the North Red Deer Community Centre, additional space will be available to the community.
- Collicutt’s capacity to expand further exists and may be considered beyond 2026+.
Budget Requirements, Funding Sources and Council Decision Points
|Collicutt Centre enhancements – second water slide||$220,000||Capital Project Reserves|