Proposed Additional Enhancements
Parkland Ski Club is proposing additional work to the trails at River Bend Golf and Recreation Area to host long distance cross country ski events, enhance site safety and improve the overall usability of these trails.
Upgrades proposed by Parkland Ski Club include:
- Widen portions of the remaining underdeveloped trails in RBGRA to allow for skate and classic skiing, two-way traffic and/or passing between skiers as well as mixed use of the trails (skiing, hiking, biking).
- Reduce and manage the trail tree canopy to improve snow accumulation and improve conditions for winter trail maintenance.
- Improve sightlines for downhill portions.
- Provide trails dedicated to para-nordic skiing.
- Install 4 km of trail lighting to improve safe use in the morning and evenings.