Everybody can be more prepared for emergencies. Having an emergency kit is a great start.
Basic Emergency Kit
- Water: Two litres of water per person per day.
- Non-Perishable Food: Select items that do not require heat and/or water for preparation.
- Manual Can Opener
- Flashlight and Batteries
- Battery Powered or Wind Up Radio
- First Aid Kit
- Prescription Medications (Week Supply, If Possible)
- Infant Formula, Diapers and Children's Items
- Equipment Required for People with Special Needs or Disabilities
- Extra Keys for House and Vehicles
- Copy of Your Family Emergency Plan
- Change of Clothing and Footwear
- Sleeping Bags or Blankets
- Garbage Bags
- Toilet Paper and Other Personal Care Items
- Basic Tools
- Small Fuel Stove and Fuel: Always follow manufacturer's directions. DO NOT use barbeques, fuel stoves or open flames indoors.
- Copies of Personal Documents, Such as Passports, Birth Certificates, Insurance Documents.
- Candles and Matches
* Update your kit and your emergency plan annually or if your family situation changes. Replace food, water, and batteries with fresh supplies.