World Water Day
2018 Healthy Waters Poster Contest
In celebration of World Water Day, The City invites Red Deer kids and youth to participate in the 2018 Healthy Waters Poster Contest. Support The City’s quest to protect our freshwater resources by submitting original artwork. Winners receive prizes and the opportunity to meet Mayor Veer!
What is the theme?
The theme is “Protecting Our Waters.” The topic is open-ended. You’re invited to use your imagination and creativity to illustrate your message, such as:
- Why is water conservation important?
- Why is preventing our waters from being polluted important?
- How do I conserve water at home or at school?
- How can our community reduce pollution in our waterways?
Posters will be judged based on:
- How well the poster illustrates a message about water protection
- Demonstrated understanding and appreciation for water protection
- Artistic ability and creativity
Only original artwork presented on an 11” × 17” paper that is suitable for framing will be accepted. The poster must be flat. Hand-drawn, photographic and digitally-created art will be accepted.
Who can participate?
Individual city of Red Deer students. There are three categories:
- Grade 4 to Grade 6
- Grade 7 to Grade 9
- Grade 10 to Grade 12
How do I submit my poster?
Entries must be received by May 4, 2018 at 4 p.m. Please ensure that the poster has your name written on the back of it. Mail your poster and the completed Healthy Waters Poster Contest Submission Form (pdf) to:
The City of Red DeerEnvironmental ServicesPO Box 5008Red Deer AB T4N 3T4
What are the prizes?
Winners from each category will receive the following:
- Grand Prize: $100 Recreation, Parks and Culture Gift Card and a prize worth $200 to the classroom presented by Mayor Veer and the Executive Director of the Red Deer River Watershed Alliance.
- Runner-Up: $50 Bower Ponds Recreation Gift Card.
Winners will be notified by telephone by May 21, 2018.