Red Deer, Alberta – Red Deer RCMP arrested a wanted man downtown Thursday night after he attempted to assault the arresting officers, ran from them and then displayed a handgun when they cornered him.
RCMP located the suspect walking on 50 Avenue near 47 Street at approximately 8 pm on July 14; he was wanted on outstanding warrants for breaching a number of court-imposed conditions. The suspect fled on foot while swinging a skateboard to ward off the police officers but was cornered by police on the 4600 block of 50 Avenue. The suspect displayed a handgun to officers but dropped it when police effected a high-risk arrest. He was taken into custody without further incident, and no one was injured. Police seized the skateboard and a loaded handgun.
35 year old Graham Christofferson of Red Deer faces the following charges:
- Criminal Code 145(3) – Fail to comply with recognizance X 4
- Criminal Code 270(1)(b) – assault police officer X 2
- Criminal Code 88(1) – possession of weapon for dangerous purpose
- Criminal Code 96 – possession of stolen weapon
- Criminal Code 86(1) – careless use of firearm
- Criminal Code 90(1) – carry concealed firearm
- Criminal Code 95(1) – possession of loaded restricted firearm without authorization
- Criminal Code 264.1(1) – Utter threats
- Criminal Code 355(b) – possession of stolen property under $5,000
Graham Christofferson was remanded in custody and makes his first appearance in court this morning, July 18.
Cpl. Karyn Kay
Red Deer RCMP