Red Deer, Alberta – Red Deer RCMP have sworn charges against a woman after she was arrested during an armed robbery at a convenience store shortly after 9 am on July 6, and do not believe a child was involved in the incident at this time. RCMP continue to investigate the identity of the second female suspect, who fled the scene in a stolen truck and abandoned it nearby.
An initial report from a witness to the robbery indicated that they may have heard a child in the truck, though no child was seen; since then, RCMP have interviewed a second witness who saw the stolen truck as it was being abandoned shortly after the robbery. That witness confirmed that one female suspect walked away from the truck and that no child was present at that time.
RCMP continue to search for the second female suspect, who is described as a short woman with black hair, a thick-set build, approximately 40 – 50 years old, possibly Aboriginal, wearing a grey shirt and a black pair of shorts.
30 year old Cheyenne Ashley Yellowface was arrested at the scene of the robbery and faces the following charges:
- Criminal Code 85(1)(a) – Use firearm in the commission of an offence
- Criminal Code 86(1) – Careless use of a firearm
- Criminal Code 91(1) – Unauthorized possession of prohibited firearm
- Criminal Code 92(1) – Possession of prohibited firearm while knowing possession is prohibited
- Criminal Code 87(1) – Pointing a firearm
- Criminal Code 88(1) – Possession of weapon for dangerous purpose
- Criminal Code 94(1) – Possession of firearm in motor vehicle
- Criminal Code 129(a) – Resist/ obstruct peace officer
- Criminal Code 117.01(1) – Weapons possession contrary to order
- Criminal Code 249(1)(a) – Dangerous operation of motor vehicle
- Criminal Code 351(2) – Disguise with intent to commit offence
- Criminal Code 355(a) – Possession of stolen property over $5,000
- Criminal Code 733.1(1) – Fail to comply with probation order X 2
- Criminal Code 344(1)(a) – Robbery with firearm
- Criminal Code 259(4) – Driving while disqualified
- Criminal Code CDSA 4(1) – Possession of Schedule I substance (methamphetamine)
Yellowface was wanted on two warrants out of Rocky Mountain House at the time of her arrest. She was remanded and makes her first appearance in court in Red Deer on July 7 at 9:30 am.
If you have information about this investigation, contact the Red Deer RCMP at 403-343-5575. If you wish to remain anonymous, call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477 or report it online. If your information leads to an arrest, you could be eligible for a cash reward up to $2,000.
– 30 –
Red Deer RCMP
July 6, 2017
Red Deer RCMP arrest woman during armed robbery this morning
Red Deer, Alberta – Red Deer RCMP have one woman in custody and have recovered a stolen truck after an armed robbery at a convenience store shortly after 9 am this morning.
RCMP responded to a 911 call at 9:15 am at the Mac’s convenience store on Jewell Street after a woman entered the store brandishing a firearm and demanding cash and cigarettes. The suspect assaulted a staff person and ran from the store, throwing the firearm into a waiting truck driven by a second female suspect, who fled the scene without the first suspect. The staff person detained the first suspect until police arrived; he suffered minor cuts and bruises during the altercation. RCMP took the woman into custody and located the suspect truck abandoned nearby with a rifle inside. The truck had been reported stolen out of Rocky Mountain House.
One witness reported that they may have heard a child in the truck though no child was seen; at this point in the investigation, RCMP have not been able to confirm whether or not a child was involved, and continue to actively investigate.
A 30 year old woman will face a number of charges including armed robbery. RCMP will release an update with those charges and the suspect’s name once those charges have been sworn before the courts, and will release further updates as more information comes available.
– 30 –
Cpl. Karyn Kay
Red Deer RCMP