Work is progressing on the 67 Street/Johnstone Drive roundabout and the 66 Street/Orr Drive roundabout. Some additional road closures and detours will be in place starting tomorrow as part of this project.
67 Street/ Johnstone Drive roundabout
- 67 Street will be one lane in each direction until mid-October. This lane closure is necessary as part of construction on the north side of the 67 Street/Johnstone roundabout.
- Johnstone Drive will be closed from 68 Avenue/Edgar Industrial Drive to 67 Street until the end of October.
- All other detours remain in effect.
- At this stage of construction, crews are removing asphalt on the north side of 67 Street and installing underground utilities and constructing curb and gutters on 67 Street and Johnstone Drive for the new intersection configuration.
66 Street/Orr Drive roundabout
- Crews are constructing curbs, gutters, medians and the truck apron for the roundabout. The road base for this roundabout is under construction, and crews will begin paving.
- Roundabout signage will be installed after paving is complete.
- Asphalt pathways are under construction.
We understand that road closures and detours are frustrating and we appreciate your patience as we work to enhance the safety and capacity of our road network.