Happening August 27-September 4
The 55 Street Improvement Project is nearing completion and we are aiming to re-open sections of 55 Street early next week. Crews are working on finishing the paving and line painting of the new roadway. Over the last two months, crews have replaced the underground water and sanitary lines that were approximately 60 years old and were at capacity. Larger pipes are installed and in service and 55 Street is now wider and features a new multi-use pathway.
Work happening from August 28-September 4:
- Paving 55 Street from 48 Avenue-46 Avenue from Thursday, August 27 to Saturday, August 29 (weather dependent).
- Line painting on 55 Street from Sunday, August 30 to Monday, August 31 (weather dependent).
- Landscaping and general cleanup of the site as construction wraps up.
- Re-installing signs along 55 Street.
Detours and Road Closures:
- 55 Street from 48 Avenue to 42 Avenue is completely closed.
- 55 Street from 46 Avenue to 42 Avenue will tentatively re-open late afternoon on Monday, August 31.
- 55 Street from 48 Avenue to 46 Avenue will tentatively re-open on Tuesday, September 1 (weather dependent).
- The Michener Hill will tentatively re-open to all traffic on Monday, August 31.