This week, crews are working on:
- Removing existing road and curbs on the south side of 67 Street and Orr Drive.
- Relocating and constructing of underground utilities, including storm sewer and power.
- Preparing subgrade and gravel base for roads and curbs.
- Starting concrete curb and gutter work on the south side of 67 Street and Orr Drive.
Road Closures and Detours:
- Starting at 7 a.m. on Saturday, June 25, 66 Street will close between Orr Drive and the south entrance to Tim Hortons, Mohave Smokehouse and the Ramada Inn until August. Business access is via the temporary detour road located south of 66 Street.
- Eastbound and Westbound traffic have been redirected to the north side of 67 Street.
- Orr Drive traffic both northbound and southbound will be located on the east side to accommodate construction on the west side.
Due to anticipated congestion in the area, drivers are encouraged to use alternate routes:
- For Edgar Industrial Park, consider using Taylor Drive or Highway 11A.
- For Oriole Park West, consider using Taylor Drive or Kerry Wood Drive.
Routes using Johnstone Drive and Orr Drive have been detoured onto Golden West Avenue, 71 Street and 67 St Close. For details on transit disruptions, visit: http://www.reddeer.ca/city-services/transit/transit-disruptions-and-notices/
Access to businesses will be maintained at all times with directional signage posted. For access to 66 Street businesses:
- From eastbound 67 street, use the temporary right in/out.
- From westbound 67 Street, use Golden West Avenue and 67 Street Close.
For more information about this project, including a detour map, please visit:http://www.reddeer.ca/city-services/roads/construction-season/67-streetjohnstone-drive-corridor-improvements/