The roundabout at 67 Street and 30 Avenue will partially open Friday morning at 7 a.m. for traffic in all directions. Range Road 272 (30 Avenue) will also re-open to traffic.
Initially only one lane of the two-lane roundabout will be open, and access will be as follows:
- From northbound 30 Avenue, drivers will access the roundabout from a temporary road on the 67 Street/30 Avenue bend. 67 Street west of this access road will be closed.
- From eastbound 67 Street, drivers will access the roundabout from the new 67 Street extension (one lane in each direction only). There’s a dedicated turn lane for traffic turning right onto 30 Avenue from 67 Street, meaning drivers don’t have to enter the roundabout.
Drivers should follow these basic steps to use the roundabout in its current configuration:
- Slow down and watch for signage in the area. Directional signage will help you understand how to access your destination.
- As you approach the roundabout, signal like you would at a regular intersection: signal left if you’re turning left, signal right if you’re turning right.
- Look left and yield to traffic in the roundabout; only stop if necessary and proceed slowly when safe. Always yield to pedestrians.
- Signal right as you approach your exit.
A temporary access map is available here: 67 Street/30 Avenue Temporary Roundabout Access Map (pdf)
For more information about using roundabouts, please visit www.roundabout.how.
For more information about this project visit: http://www.reddeer.ca/city-services/roads/construction-season/67-street30-avenue-expansion-project/.
Questions? Call 403-342-8158 or email email@example.com