Happening September 13 – 26, 2016:
- Johnstone Drive northbound from 67 Street will close from September 13 to October 26.
- East/west traffic on 67 Street will begin to switch from the north lanes to the south lanes starting on September 15 to allow work to be done on the north side of the intersection.
- Asphalt on the north side of 67 Street will be removed and new shallow utilities installed.
- Curbs and medians continue to be constructed on Orr Drive and 67 Street.
Road Closures and Detours:
- Right in at 67 Street northbound on Johnstone Drive will be closed September on 13. Detour using Golden West Avenue to 71 Street to Johnstone Drive Detour. Southbound lanes on Johnstone Drive remain open.
- The eastbound lane on 66 Street is closed between Orr Drive and the south entrance of Tim Hortons, Mohave Smokehouse and the Ramada Inn. The temporary detour road located south of 66 Street may be used for motorists traveling northbound on Orr Drive wishing to access the Tim Hortons Area or for motorists exiting the Tim Hortons area traveling north or south on Orr Drive.
Due to anticipated congestion in the area, drivers are encouraged to use alternate routes:
- For Edgar Industrial Park, consider using Taylor Drive or Highway 11A.
- For Oriole Park West, consider using Taylor Drive or Kerry Wood Drive.
- Routes using Johnstone Drive and Orr Drive have been detoured onto Golden West Avenue, 71 Street and 67 St Close. For details on transit disruptions, visit: http://www.reddeer.ca/city-services/transit/transit-disruptions-and-notices/
Access to businesses will be maintained at all times with directional signage posted. Access to Tim Horton’s, Mohave Smokehouse and the Ramada Inn:
- Right in/right out from eastbound 67 Street
- Via a temporary detour road located south of 66 Street (between Comfort Inn and Bourbon Grill).
For more information about this project, including a detour map, please visit:http://www.reddeer.ca/city-services/roads/construction-season/67-streetjohnstone-drive-corridor-improvements/