From August 8 to August 17, 2016, crews are working on:
- Completing road base construction and paving on Orr Drive southbound.
- Constructing concrete curbs on the south side of 67 Street and west side of Orr Drive.
- Constructing a sanitary sewer diversion across the 67 St / Johnstone Dr intersection.
- Removing utilities on northbound lanes of Orr Drive and starting road base construction.
Road Closures and Detours:
- 66 Street is closed between Orr Drive and the south entrance of Tim Hortons, Mohave Smokehouse and the Ramada Inn until August. Business access is via the temporary detour road located south of 66 Street.
- Right in/out movements will remain at 67 Street for northbound and southbound traffic on Johnstone Drive.
- Oriole Park traffic to turn south on Golden West Avenue and use 67 Street Close to access Orr Drive.
- Temporary right in/out movements from 67 Street to Tim Hortons / Mohave / Ramada will remain open during construction on Orr Drive.
- North and southbound traffic is shifted to the east side of Orr Drive while construction takes place on the west half of the road. When this portion is completed, traffic will be shifted to the west side of Orr Drive to accommodate construction on the east side of the road.
Due to anticipated congestion in the area, drivers are encouraged to use alternate routes:
- For Edgar Industrial Park, consider using Taylor Drive or Highway 11A.
- For Oriole Park West, consider using Taylor Drive or Kerry Wood Drive.
Routes using Johnstone Drive and Orr Drive have been detoured onto Golden West Avenue, 71 Street and 67 St Close. For details on transit disruptions, visit: http://www.reddeer.ca/city-services/transit/transit-disruptions-and-notices/
Access to businesses will be maintained at all times with directional signage posted.
Access to Tim Horton’s, Mohave Smokehouse and the Ramada Inn:
- Right in/right out from eastbound 67 Street
- Via a temporary detour road located south of 66 Street (between Comfort Inn and Bourbon Grill).
For more information about this project, including a detour map, please visit:http://www.reddeer.ca/city-services/roads/construction-season/67-streetjohnstone-drive-corridor-improvements/