From August 22 – 31, 2016, crews are working on:
- Paving on the west southbound lanes on Orr Street and 66 Street.
- Traffic on southbound Orr Drive switching to asphalt lane.
- Concrete paving on 67 Street and Orr Drive.
- Removing deep and shallow utilities and starting road base construction on middle section of Orr Drive.
- Constructing curb and gutter medians on east side of Orr Drive, including the 66 Street roundabout.
- Constructing road base and paving the northbound lanes of Orr Drive.
- Completing sanitary siphon.
Road Closures and Detours:
- Right in/out movements will remain at 67 Street for northbound and southbound traffic on Johnstone Drive.
- The eastbound lane on 66 Street is closed between Orr Drive and the south entrance of Tim Hortons, Mohave Smokehouse and the Ramada Inn. The temporary detour road located south of 66 Street may be used for motorists traveling northbound on Orr Drive wishing to access the Tim Hortons Area or for motorists exiting the Tim Hortons area traveling north or south on Orr Drive.
- Temporary right in/out movements from 67 Street to Tim Hortons / Mohave / Ramada will remain open during construction on Orr Drive.
- Construction will take place within three zones on Orr Drive; east, middle and west. As construction progresses, traffic will be shifted within the three zones.
Due to anticipated congestion in the area, drivers are encouraged to use alternate routes:
- For Edgar Industrial Park, consider using Taylor Drive or Highway 11A.
- For Oriole Park West, consider using Taylor Drive or Kerry Wood Drive.
Routes using Johnstone Drive and Orr Drive have been detoured onto Golden West Avenue, 71 Street and 67 St Close. For details on transit disruptions, visit: http://www.reddeer.ca/city-services/transit/transit-disruptions-and-notices/
Access to businesses will be maintained at all times with directional signage posted.
Access to Tim Horton’s, Mohave Smokehouse and the Ramada Inn:
- Right in/right out from eastbound 67 Street
- Via a temporary detour road located south of 66 Street (between Comfort Inn and Bourbon Grill).
For more information about this project, including a detour map, please visit:http://www.reddeer.ca/city-services/roads/construction-season/67-streetjohnstone-drive-corridor-improvements/