This week, crews are working on the following:
- Construction of the detour and crossover lanes north of 67 Street.
- Removal of existing road and curbs on the south side of 67 St and Orr Dr.
- Relocation and construction of underground utilities, including storm, sewer and power).
- Westbound traffic will be redirected to the north side of 67 Street.
- Eastbound traffic will be redirected to the south side of 67 Street.
Access to businesses will be maintained at all times with directional signage posted. For access to 66 Street businesses:
- From eastbound 67 street, use the temporary right in/out.
- From westbound 67 Street, use Golden West Avenue and 67 Street Close.
Due to anticipated congestion in the area, drivers are encouraged to use alternate routes:
- For Edgar Industrial Park, consider using Taylor Drive or Highway 11A.
- For Oriole Park West, consider using Taylor Drive or Kerry Wood Drive.
Some routes using Golden West Avenue, 71 Street and Taylor Drive are affected. For details on transit disruptions, visit: http://www.reddeer.ca/city-services/transit/transit-disruptions-and-notices/
For more information about this project, including a detour map, please visit: http://www.reddeer.ca/city-services/roads/construction-season/67-streetjohnstone-drive-corridor-improvements/