BI-WEEKLY UPDATE FOR JULY 31, 2017
67 STREET AND JOHNSTONE DRIVE / ORR DRIVE ROUNDABOUTS
Construction of the 67 Street and Johnstone Drive/Orr Drive roundabout and surrounding roadways is to be completed this year. This includes the following:
- Road reconstruction on 67 Street, between Golden West Avenue and the roundabout
- Paving on parts of 66 Street, Orr Drive, Johnstone Drive and 67 Street
- Permanent pavement markings
- Permanent street lighting
- Asphalt trails
- Landscaping of boulevards and roundabout circles
Happening next two weeks (July 31, 2017 to Aug. 12, 2017)
- Completion of Concrete Paving on 67 St.
- Landscaping on 66th / Orr Drive roundabout.
- Asphalt trails on 67th Street and on Orr Drive.
- Curb and Gutter and medians on 67th St West of roundabout.
Road closures & Detours
- Throughout construction the roundabout will remain open, but will be restricted to one lane in each direction. Turns in all directions will be accommodated.
- Traffic movements on Golden West Avenue, south of 67 Street will be closed to traffic. To access businesses on 67 Street Close, use 65 Avenue from 67 Street or south on Orr Drive from the roundabout.
- Left turns from eastbound 67 Street to Golden West Avenue will not be allowed. To access businesses on Golden West Avenue north of 67 Street, use Johnstone Drive and 71 Street. Southbound traffic on Golden West Avenue will be able to turn right or left on 67 Street.
- Bus routes will be maintained as per existing and using the temporary detour road off 66th St. while work is being completed on Orr Dr.
Who do I contact for more information?
- We are available by phone and email, and encourage businesses and residents to ask us questions or pass along comments. Residents and businesses who have questions or concerns during construction should contact The City at 403-342-8158 or firstname.lastname@example.org