BI-WEEKLY UPDATE FOR JUNE 8, 2017
67 STREET AND JOHNSTONE DRIVE / ORR DRIVE ROUNDABOUTS
Construction of the 67 Street and Johnstone Drive/Orr Drive roundabout and surrounding roadways are underway again this year. This year we will be completing the following work:
- Road reconstruction on 67 Street, between Golden West Avenue and the roundabout
- Paving on parts of 66 Street, Orr Drive, Johnstone Drive and 67 Street
- Permanent pavement markings
- Permanent street lighting
- Asphalt trails
- Landscaping of boulevards and roundabout circles
Happening next two weeks (June 4, 2017 to June 17, 2017)
- Complete utility preparations to enable base preparation
- Base construction on the south side of 67 Street east of the roundabout to Golden West Avenue.
- Concrete paving on eastbound lanes.
- Shift traffic to enable construction on North side of 67th St. East of roundabout.
- Saw cut asphalt, commence removals of asphalt.
Road closures & Detours
- For the duration of construction the following road closures and detours will be in place:
- The roundabout will remain open, but will be restricted to one lane in each direction. Turns in all directions will be accommodated.
- Golden West Avenue, from 67 Street to 67 Street Close will be closed. To access businesses on 67 Street Close or Golden West Avenue south, use 65 Avenue from 67 Street or south on Orr Drive from the roundabout.
- Left turns from eastbound 67 Street to Golden West Avenue will not be allowed. To access businesses on Golden West Avenue north of 67 Street, use Johnstone Drive and 71 Street. Southbound traffic on Golden West Avenue will be able to turn right or left on 67 Street.
- See the detour map here: www.reddeer.ca/city-services/roads/construction-season/67-streetjohnstone-drive-corridor-improvements/
- Until further notice, lane restrictions north and southbound on Orr Drive will be in place.
- Bus routes will be maintained as per existing.
Who do I contact for more information?
- We are available by phone and email, and encourage businesses and residents to ask us questions or pass along comments. Residents and businesses who have questions or concerns during construction should contact The City at 403-342-8158 or firstname.lastname@example.org.