Work is progressing on the 67 Street/Johnstone Drive and 66 Street/Orr Drive roundabouts, and we appreciate your patience as we continue to work as quickly as possible to get this project completed.
Weather permitting, we expect to have both roundabouts open by the end of the construction season. Some work will continue next year to complete road construction on 67 Street, as well as trails and landscaping.
Here’s what’s happening in the next two weeks:
- Complete concrete paving on 67 Street and Johnstone Drive
- Install Rectangular Rapid Flashing Beacons at pedestrian crossings
- Install signage at both roundabouts
- Install streetlight bases
- Construct gravel base for pathway on the north side of 67 Street between Johnstone Drive and Golden West Avenue
Road closures and detours:
- Existing detours and closures will remain in effect until the roundabouts open
- Oriole Park traffic to turn south on Golden West Ave and use 67 St Close to access Orr Drive
- Edgar Industrial Park traffic is encouraged to use Highway 11A and Taylor Drive
- Orr Drive Northbound traffic will exit at the 67th Street Close detour
- Orr Drive southbound traffic will access Orr Drive from the 67 Street Close detour
- Detours remain in place for transit using Golden West to 71 Street to Johnstone Drive and vice versa
- Access to Tim Horton’s, Ramada Inn and the Mohave Smokehouse will be to the South off 67 Street or from Orr Drive / 66 Street via the roundabout
We understand that road closures and detours are frustrating and we appreciate your patience as we work to enhance the safety and capacity of our road network.