Roads in Need
Roads in Need are roads that are structurally inadequate for their current traffic volumes and are more susceptible to damage from frost and water. These roads are unable to be repaired through the Pavement Rehabilitation program, which overlays new pavement on the existing road.
Through the Roads in Need program, the underlying cause of damage is assessed and repair and could range from simply strengthening the pavement section to a complete re-construction. The City established a separate program to deal with improvements to this group of road segments with the goal of addressing all deficient roadways over a ten year period.
This year, the following roads are undergoing repair as part of the Roads in Need program:
- Dustin Street - 39 Street to Dubois Crescent South Leg
- 32 Street - 15 metres East of 40 Avenue to Metcalf Avenue
- Inglewood Drive - 22 Street to Ingersoll Street
- Vine Gate - Vanier Drive to Vandorp Street
- Lawford Avenue - 32 Street to Lancaster Drive
- Township Road 391 - Range Road 273 to 200 metres East of Range Road 273
- Neal Close - Nagel Avenue to End
- Oak Drive - Oxley Close to O'Brien Crescent West Leg