Other ways to check the schedule
- Sign up for Snow Zone text, email or phone alerts using Notify Red Deer.
- Call the Snow Zone hotline at 403-406-8796.
- Follow us on Facebook or Twitter.
- Green Routes (bus routes and collectors) - Red “No Parking” signs are still placed on streets approximately every 50m, at least 12 hours in advance of plowing.
- Grey Route (residential street) - Red "No Parking" signs are longer used. In addition to the tools mentioned above, large signs are placed at the entrances to neighbourhoods. The signs state the date that plowing on Grey will beg. This change in signage is in accordance to Traffic Bylaw 3186/A-2014 Section 25(1)c that states “…moveable signs to be placed on or near a roadway at the entrance to an area where on-street parking is temporarily suspended due to road or snow plowing or removal activities at least 12 hours prior to the parking restrictions taking effect.”
Plowing occurs from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m., Monday to Saturday on Green Routes and Monday to Friday for Grey Routes. Plowing in Zone D (Downtown) will occur overnight from 7 p.m. to 7 a.m. When your Snow Zone is scheduled, please move your vehicle from the street to avoid being ticketed or towed.
How to use this map
- You'll need to know your Snow Zone and Route to use the map.
- Zoom in on the map to find your street or use the Snow Zone plowing status table.