XPlore Sport Day 2016
Red Deerians were joined at the Collicutt by 24 sport organizations and local service providers including Alberta Sport Development Centre, Red Deer BMX Club, and Dance Magic to name a few.
XPlore Sport Day is held the third weekend of September each year at the Collicutt Centre. The annual event is a free, fun, and interactive day is an opportunity for people of all ages to come out and try a new sport with hands on demonstrations and to speak with local athletes.
We would like to express a sincere thank you to everyone who made this event such a success!
We had many people from Red Deer and surrounding area visit the dozens of exhibitors and demonstrations during the day. We expect that the energy and excitement of the day will generate fresh ways of thinking about learning and experiencing fitness, health, recreation and sport.
Contact Rob Meckling, Sport Community & Program Facilitator at 403-309-8541 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information on future sporting events or questions.
Thanks to the following groups for presenting information and showcasing the group they represent.
- Alberta Health Services
- Alberta Jiu Jitsu Association
- Alberta Sport Development Centre - Central region
- Alberta Sports Hall of Fame
- Central AB Rowing Association
- Central AB Rhythmic Gymnastics
- Central AB Quidditch
- Dance Magic
- Field Hockey AB
- Nia Red Deer
- Red Deer Childrens Adapted Sport Association
- Red Deer BMX Club
- Red Deer City Soccer Association
- Red Deer Fencing Club
- Red Deer Gymnastic Club - Exelta Gymnastic Club
- Red Deer Pickleball Club
- Red Deer Pond Hockey
- Red Deer Ringette Association
- Red Deer Skating Club
- Red Deer Synchronized Swim Club
- Red Deer Titans Rugby Club
- The Capoeira Academy
- Volkssport Walkers of Central AB
- Yoga Alliance of Red Deer