Residential plowing has been triggered and will begin on Tuesday, January 19. Residents are reminded to not park on the street when their Snow Zone and Route are scheduled to avoid getting a ticket.
Plowing will start in Snow Zone C, Green Routes, and the remaining Snow Zones and Routes will be scheduled and announced in alphabetical order until complete (ending with B).
To avoid getting a ticket, residents need to:
- Know their Snow Zone (letters A-K) and Route (Green or Grey). To find out this information, visit www.reddeer.ca/snowzone.
- Check the schedule using one of the following methods:
- View the map and schedule at www.reddeer.ca/snowzone.
- Sign up for Snow Zone email alerts at www.reddeer.ca/snowzone.
- Follow The City of Red Deer’s Facebook and Twitter pages.
- Call the Snow Zone Hotline at 403-406-8796.
- Look for signage: Red “no parking” signs are used on Green Routes only. On Grey Routes, there will be large signs at the entrances to neighbourhoods indicating when plowing is taking place.
- Move their vehicle when plowing is scheduled. Plowing occurs from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m., Monday to Saturday on Green Routes and Monday to Friday on Grey Routes. Vehicles parked on Green Routes during plowing will be ticketed and towed, and vehicles parked on Grey Routes will be ticketed and plowed in.
“We need the cooperation of residents to move their vehicles from the street when their Snow Zone and Route are scheduled,” said Greg Sikora, Public Works Manager. “Vehicles parked on the street slow down our operations, making it difficult to plow a smooth surface, resulting in an uneven roadway.”
Green Routes are plowed to bare pavement, the snow is removed and there are no windrows. Grey Routes are plowed to a 5 cm snowpack, and windrows are left on both sides of the street. Windrows from front driveways will be cleared and the snow will be placed on the windrows on the remainder of the street.
For more information about the new snow and ice program, please visit www.reddeer.ca/snowzone.
For more information, please contact:
Public Works Manager
The City of Red Deer
Communications & Strategic Planning
The City of Red Deer