Access to Bower Ponds to take part in this year’s Canada Day festivities is restricted to trails or transit service.
Please use the following:
- The City’s trail system: There will be a bike corral set up for those cycling to the event.
- Park & Ride service: Red Deer Transit will be operating this service between the Memorial Centre parking lot and Bower Ponds. The first shuttle will leave Memorial Centre at 10:45 a.m. and then every 15 minutes and the last one will be at 10:15 p.m. The first shuttle will leave Bower Ponds at 11 a.m. then every 15 minutes and the last one will leave once the fireworks are completed. Regular transit passes are not valid for this service; exact change will be required. The fees each way are:
- Adults - $1
- Children 6 to 17 years/Seniors -$0.50
- Children 5 and under are free
- City Centre Shuttle: A special shuttle will be operating between Sorensen Station and Bower Ponds. The first shuttle will leave Sorensen Station at 10:45 a.m. then every 30 minutes with the last departure at 6:45 p.m. The first shuttle to leave Bower Ponds will be at 11 a.m. then every 30 minutes with the last departure at 6:30 p.m. Regular transit fares will be in effect for this service. Transit passes, day passes, tickets, coupons and transfers are valid.
For further details on The City of Red Deer’s Transit services, please visit reddeer.ca/transit.
Canada Day at Bower Ponds is hosted by the Red Deer Cultural Heritage Society and will feature entertainment, food booths and activities throughout the day. For more information on the event, go to www.rdchs.com.
For more information, please contact:
Senior Operations Supervisor
Red Deer Transit
Communications & Strategic Planning
The City of Red Deer