Red Deer, Alberta – A man faces 14 Criminal Code charges after Red Deer RCMP found him in a stolen truck, and in possession of stolen tools and a firearm he was prohibited from carrying.
RCMP located the man in the area of 71 Street and 50 Avenue at 4 pm on May 20, after receiving a report of suspicious activity associated to the vehicle. They took the suspect into custody without incident, seizing the stolen truck, a sawed off shotgun and ammunition, and some tools that had been stolen out of Red Deer earlier the same afternoon.
32 year old Jonathan Logan Donnelly has been charged with:
- Criminal Code 86(1) – Unsafe storage of firearm
- Criminal Code 88(1) – Possession of weapon for dangerous purpose
- Criminal Code 91(2) – Unauthorized possession of prohibited weapon
- Criminal Code 92(1) – Possession of prohibited weapon while knowing possession unauthorized
- Criminal Code 94(1) – Possession of ammunition in motor vehicle
- Criminal Code355(a) – Possession of stolen property over $5,000
- Criminal Code 145(3) – Fail to comply with recognizance X 6
- Criminal Code 334(b) – Theft under $5,000 X 2
Jonathan Donnelly will appear in Alberta Provincial Court in Red Deer on May 24 at 9:30 am.
Cst. Derek Turner
Red Deer RCMP