Red Deer, Alberta – A Red Deer man is in court this morning after police responded to a report from the public of a possible break and enter in progress on Friday night.
Shortly before midnight on October 21, RCMP received a report of suspicious activity in an apartment that was supposed to be vacant. RCMP attended the apartment complex, located on 55 Street, and arrested a man without incident. At the time of his arrest, the suspect was in possession of several pieces of identification belonging to others, a counterfeit US $20 bill, and was breaching a number of court-ordered conditions.
37 year old Byron Theron Peters faces the following charges:
- Criminal Code 403(1)(d) – Identity fraud with intent to avoid arrest
- Criminal Code 129(a) – Obstruction of police officer
- Criminal Code 56.1 – Possession of identity documents relating to another person X 2
- Criminal Code 450(b) – Possession of counterfeit money
- Criminal Code 145(3) – Fail to comply with conditions X 3
- Criminal Code 733.1(1) – Fail to comply with probation order
- CDSA 4(1) – Possession of a controlled substance
Byron Peters makes his first court appearance in Red Deer at 9:30 am on October 24. RCMP thank the public for reporting the suspicious activity that led to this arrest.
Cpl. Karyn Kay
Red Deer RCMP