Red Deer, Alberta – Red Deer have charged two men after locating them with multiple pieces of identification, mail, cheques and credit cards that were stolen from approximately 15 victims.
At 12:30 pm on November 2, Red Deer RCMP attended a hotel in response to a report of possible fraud activity by guests staying there. On arrival, police arrested two men; the first suspect was in possession of large quantities of stolen identification, mail, cheques and credit cards, as well as methamphetamine. RCMP arrested the second suspect shortly afterward and seized a large quantity of beef jerky that had been purchased with a fraudulent corporate cheque written to a bank account that had been opened under a false name.
37 year old Jeffrey Ryan Hall faces the following charges:
- Criminal Code 56.1 – Possess/ traffic in government documents X 12
- Criminal Code 355(b) – Possession of stolen property under $5,000 X 9
- Criminal Code 342(1)(c) – Theft/ misuse of credit card X 2
- Criminal Code 356(1)(b) – Possession of stolen mail X 4
- CDSA 4(1) – Possession of Schedule I substance
Hall is scheduled to appear in court in Red Deer on November 24 at 9:30 am.
A second 31 year old man will face charges of fraud and use of a forged document; his name cannot be released at this time as those charges have not yet been sworn before the courts.
– 30 –
Cst. Derek Turner
Red Deer RCMP