Grey Route plowing is underway and crews are making their way through Snow Zones across the city. The latest schedule update is as follows:
Friday, February 23:
- crews finished plowing Snow Zone H
- plowing began on Grey Routes in Snow Zone I
- crews will continue plowing downtown roads overnight from 7 p.m. – 7 a.m.
Monday, February 26:
- snow plowing in Snow Zone I will continue
- plowing on Grey Routes in Snow Zone J will start in the afternoon
Plowing on Grey Routes runs Monday to Friday from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. until complete and each Snow Zone may take multiple days to complete.
Parking restrictions are in effect and vehicles left on the street will be ticketed $85 and plowed in. On Grey Routes, no-parking signs are not used along every street, but are placed at all entrances to each neighbourhood.
Residents are encouraged to sign up for Snow Zone Alerts to make sure they know when their zone is scheduled for plowing. Alerts are sent by text, email and phone call and residents can sign up online at reddeer.ca/snowzone.
For more information, please contact:
Communications & Strategic Planning
The City of Red Deer