The proposed project, as outlined in the project description of the Capital Budget as well as the grant application includes:
- modernization (replacement) of the existing ice surface to NHL standards
- addition of a second ice surface
- addition of a north entrance to the building
- site access off of 67 Street
- improved site traffic flow
- additional parking on the north side of the site
- site servicing
- expansion of fitness/programming space (including a running track)
- an outdoor spray park and washroom facility on the northeast quadrant of the property.
Twinning of an additional second ice surface at the G.H. Dawe Community would trigger the decommissioning of the Kinex Arena, which is reaching the end of its life. The addition of fitness and programming spaces increases the profitability of the overall operation.