2023 Underground Utilities Projects
Environmental Services is working to replace the water, sanitary and/or storm mains causing traffic disruptions in the following areas. This work is expected to be complete by mid-October.
- Page Avenue near Pamely Avenue
- Lane from Page Avenue to Phelan Street and Parke Avenue
- 46 Avenue from 50 Street to lane between 47 and 48 Street
- Lane between 49 and 48 Street from 47 Avenue to end
- Lane between 48 and 47 Street from 47 Avenue to end
- Lane between McVicar Street and McKee Close
- Lane between McIntosh Avenue and Mitchell Avenue including Meeres Close
- Munro Crescent Laneway – From Mckenzie Cres. To Martin CL
- 46 Avenue between 37 and 35 Street
Drivers and pedestrians should use caution and follow all signage when driving through or walking near construction zones.
Westerner Storm Pond Reconstruction Project
The City of Red Deer reconstructed the Westerner Storm Water Pond through funding provided by the federal government. This storm water pond collects run-off water from Westerner Park facilities, parking lots and 49 Avenue before it is released into Piper Creek. This work addressed concerns with sediment, beaver dams, drainage and debris as well as allowed crews to install an oil and gas separator in this storm water system. The work was completed in the late fall of 2023 and crews will return in the spring and summer of 2024 to complete landscaping work.
Thank you to the public, especially residents of Westerner Park campground, for your patience as we worked to address these concerns.
If you have questions regarding any of this work, contact Environmental Services at 403-342-8750.