The intersection of Gaetz (50) Avenue and 32 Street will be repaved this summer as part of the pavement rehabilitation program. The limits of the construction are:
- 32 Street westbound from 47 Avenue to Taylor Drive
- 32 Street eastbound from Taylor Drive to 47 Avenue
- Gaetz (50) Avenue southbound from 34 Street to 28 Street
- Gaetz (50) Avenue northbound from 30 Street to 36 Street
- 49 Avenue from Gaetz (50) Avenue NB to 32 Street
- 51 Ave from 32 Street to Gaetz (50) Avenue
Milling and paving is scheduled to take place from Tuesday, July 7 to Friday, July 17. The majority of construction will happen at night between the hours of 7:00 p.m. and 6:00 a.m.
Signs are placed to notify drivers of detours and closures as they occur. Drivers are reminded to slow down when driving in construction zones and obey all signs. Pedestrians are reminded to cross only at designated crosswalks.
All road construction is weather dependent and schedules may be subject to change. For information about road construction and closures visit www.reddeer.ca/roadclosures. Any impacts to transit routes are posted on the City website as construction nears and can be viewed at www.reddeer.ca/transitdisruptions.
For more information, contact:
Communications & Strategic Planning
The City of Red Deer