Rogers Hometown Hockey
The Rogers Hometown Hockey Tour is coming to Red Deer!
Join Ron MacLean, Tara Slone and the entire Rogers Sportsnet broadcast crew at the Gary W. Harris Celebration Plaza in downtown Red Deer! The two-day traveling hockey festival features live entertainment, games, food, autograph sessions with former NHL alumni Glenn Anderson, Shane Doan and Glen Wesleyand culminating in a live broadcast featuring the Montreal Canadiens and the Boston Bruins on Sunday, December 1 on Sportsnet.
- What: The 2019 edition of the Rogers Hometown Hockey Tour in Red Deer
- When: Saturday, November 30 and Sunday, December 1, 2019. The live broadcast happens Sunday at 4:30 p.m. during the Boston Bruins vs. Montreal Canadiens game.
- Where: Downtown Red Deer at the Gary W. Harris Celebration Plaza, next to Central Middle School (5205 48 Avenue).
- Who: Rogers Hometown Hockey hosts Ron MacLean and Tara Slone, former NHL hockey stars, and YOU! Everyone’s invited to take part in this free celebration.
Join the fun and help showcase Red Deer to a national television audience. Remember to wear red, and make sure you set your PVR, you might just see yourself on TV!
Free Community Skate
Join us for a free community skate as we gear up for Rogers Hometown Hockey.
Saturday, November 23, 2019
3031 - 30 Avenue, Red Deer
All ages welcome (children under 8 require the direct supervision of a person 16+ years old). Skate rentals are not available and helmets are strongly recommended.
A detailed schedule of events will be announced one week prior to the event. Generally, activities will take place from 12 - 6 p.m. on November 30 and 12 - 8 p.m. on December 1. The live NHL broadcast will take place on the evening of December 1, 2019.
Rogers Hometown Hockey Festival Details
The free hockey-themed weekend features games, prize giveaways, fun activities, and live local entertainment for the whole family, including:
- Rogers Fan Hub: Celebrate more of the game that brings us together with fun and interactive hockey experiences. Fill out your Fan Profile for a chance to win exclusive Rogers Moments, enjoy autograph signings with NHL alumni Glenn Anderson and Shane Doan, test your stickhandling with the Infinite Dangles challenge, and grab some free popcorn!
- Sportsnet Shooting Accuracy Game: Fans race against the clock to snipe as many targets as possible before time runs out! A digital scoreboard tracks the best scores from the day, and from the other Tour stops across the country. Players of all ages can show off their hockey skills and see how they match up to NHL stars and alumni with fantastic prizes to be won!
- Steve Goodtime Rockin’ Hockey Show: Come see Steve Goodtime, our world-renowned hockey acrobat! Steve performs his incredible family-friendly rock n’ roll hockey show packed with fire, juggling, stunts, and guitar solos. The event will be rocked!
- Scotiabank Community Hockey Rink: A family-friendly outdoor hockey space designed to engage hockey fans who can interact with NHL alumni Glen Wesley and celebrate the game. Scotiabank will also be donating $15,000 in support of kids’ community hockey at each tour stop this season.
- Hyundai Drives Hockey: Hyundai displays on festival grounds will feature games and challenges for kids and parents alike. Opportunities to test-drive and interact with the entire range of five Hyundai SUVs will demonstrate how Hyundai is made for those who drive hockey. Fans will have the chance to win on-site giveaways, weekend prizes as well as an overall grand prize for the season.
- Dr. Oetker Giuseppe Pizzeria: Fans can enjoy a complimentary slice of Giuseppe Pizzeria pizza fresh out of the oven, and learn more about the Find Giuseppe contest with many great prizes to be won!
- Playmobil Kids Zone: Fans have the chance to face off against friends and family with the PLAYMOBIL NHL Arena and its lineup of NHL figures. In the zone, fans will also be able to enter to win an NHL playset.
- Lucy Tries Hockey: Join author Lisa Bowes for a reading of her children’s story Lucy Tries Hockey. Lucy and her family are skating on an outdoor rink when she sees a game of hockey going on. She and her friends learn basic hockey skills, have fun on the ice and decide to add hockey to their list of favorite sports!
- Sobeys Community Barbeque: Sobeys is proud to support the Community Barbeque through a food donation. All funds raised this weekend will go towards supporting the Red Deer Minor Hockey Association.
- Live Local Entertainment: Live music featured throughout the weekend beginning with Ryan Langlois performing on Saturday followed by Mitch Belot Band on Sunday.
We are looking for volunteers to help make Rogers Hometown Hockey in Red Deer a success! Volunteers are needed on Saturday, November 30 and Sunday, December 1 in various roles – everything from ball hockey referees to working in the Rogers Family Fun Zone. Morning or afternoon shifts are available and no experience is necessary. Read more about Volunteer Descriptions (pdf) .
If you are interested in volunteering, go to the sign-up sheet. Here you can view the various roles and the shifts that are available.
After you have signed up, a representative from Rogers Hometown Hockey will be in touch with further details including where to meet, what to wear and all other important volunteer information.
Thank you for volunteering!