Crime and Community Safety is priority number one. This is an issue that we cannot fix alone. We need everyone in Red Deer to help us improve community safety, and decrease crime. We need to hear from you. When you see a crime, suspicious behavior, or an unsafe situation in the community, we need to know about it. If you see something, say something by calling one of the following numbers;
403-342-8111 – The new community safety line has been established to simplify the process of reporting community safety issues that do not require the police. Use this number to:
- report graffiti on public or private buildings,
- provide the location of abandoned shopping carts,
- report damaged or fallen trees,
- provide the location of needles or other drug paraphernalia, and
- other similar scenarios.
403-343-5575 – For non-emergency police matters. Call to report:
- a crime that has already taken place,
- suspicious vehicles or people,
- noise complaints, and
- rough sleeper camps.
911 – For urgent emergency matters. Use this number when you:
- see crimes in progress,
- need an ambulance or the fire department.