Red Deer is the host of the 2019 Canada Winter Games from February 15 to March 3. Many City recreation facilities will be hosting competitions. Find out how this will impact recreation programs, public use and access.x
- Respect groomed ski trails. Foot, paw, snowshoe and bicycle prints damage ski tracks.
- Snowshoers are asked to avoid classic ski trails and use skate ski lanes or ungroomed areas instead. Trail types are indicated on the maps below.
- If you fall, move off the track and fill in any holes left behind so it is safe for the next skiers.
- Faster skiers should step around slower skiers when it is safe to do so.
- Trails are 2-way unless otherwise noted. Observe directional signage and always follow the proper direction on one-way trails.
- Where there is only one track, all skiers should keep to the right regardless of the side the track is on.
- Use caution on hills and always keep to the right.
- Please pack out all litter
- Be courteous and helpful to fellow skiers. A friendly “hello” and “thank you” are always welcome.