Building permit values dropped in March, with 67 approved permits valued at $9.5 million, compared with 97 permits issued in March 2021 worth $13 million.
Year-to-date building permit values remain higher in 2022, with current values at $36 million compared with $19 million last year.
Notable permits include:
- Building permit for a new commercial building that includes areas for merchandise sales, a private school, and day care facility at 2827-2101 30 Avenue, valued at $2.8 million
- Building permit for interior and exterior renovations to existing industrial building at 4738 Riverside Drive, valued at $2.5 million
- Building permit for tenant improvements, including construction of fitness space with washrooms, offices, and childcare, at A05-4900 Molly Banister Drive, valued at $1.2 million
- Building permit for construction of new single-family detached dwelling with attached garage and deck at 34 Veronica Close, valued at $191,641
- Building permit for construction of a new single-family detached dwelling with attached garage and uncovered deck, valued at $184,690
|Mar 2022||Mar 2021||Jan - Mar 2022||Jan - Mar 2021|
|RED DEER||Permits||Est. Value||Permits||Est. Value||Permits||Est. Value||Permits||Est. Value|