Compost available for purchase
When can I buy compost?
Starting May 7, 2019 until sold out, compost can be purchased at the Waste Management Facility:
- Monday to Friday, 8 a.m. – 6 p.m.
- On Saturday, May 18 and Saturday, June 1, 8 a.m. - 4 p.m.
What’s the price?
- Compost is sold by volume.
- $15 for a cubic yard, loaded loose into the back of your truck.
- $3 for a bag. We will give you 19" X 30" bags at the scale house for you to fill up.
Why should I use compost?
- It adds organic matter to the soil
- It provides plant nutrients
- It helps the soil to retain water
- It improves soil structure
How do I use compost?
Compost is great for flower beds and vegetable gardens. Before planting your flowers or vegetables, apply 5 kg of compost for each 9 m2 of soil. Work the compost into the top 5 – 8 cm of soil and water the area thoroughly.
How do I know if compost is sold out?
Call us on the Blue Line at 403-340-BLUE (2583), we'll be happy to answer this and other questions.