What you need to know
- "No Parking" signs are placed on the streets a minimum of 12 hours before work begins. Watch for these signs in your area. Vehicles left parked on signed streets will be ticketed and towed.
- You can sign up for Street Sweeping Alerts with Notify Red Deer to get a text, email or phone call reminder before parking restrictions take effect in your area. Sign up online today!
- All curb ramps, basketball hoops and other objects must be removed from City streets.
- You can help by sweeping debris from the sidewalks in front of your house on to the road.
- Be sure to stay a safe distance from sweepers, obey construction signs, and slow down when passing maintenance workers. Your patience and cooperation is greatly appreciated.
Street sweeping typically begins on medians and sidewalks. Once debris has been swept from these areas, crews begin sweeping on arterials. Resdiential streets are swept last. Grey Routes (local residential streets) will be swept first, followed by Green Routes (collector roads and bus routes). Residential street sweeping runs Monday through Friday from 7 a.m. to 11 p.m.
Street sweeping is currently underway on medians, sidewalks and arterials. Residential sweeping is expected to begin in late April. Additional details will be posted once a schedule is available.