What you need to know
- "No Parking" signs are placed on the streets a minimum of 12 hours before work begins. Watch for these signs in your area. Vehicles left parked on signed streets will be ticketed and towed.
- You can sign up for Street Sweeping Alerts with Notify Red Deer to get a text, email or phone call reminder before parking restrictions take effect in your area. Sign up online today!
- All curb ramps, basketball hoops and other objects must be removed from City streets.
- You can help by sweeping debris from the sidewalks in front of your house on to the road.
- Be sure to stay a safe distance from sweepers, obey construction signs, and slow down when passing maintenance workers. Your patience and cooperation is greatly appreciated.
For more information on street sweeping, contact the Roads Section of the Public Works department at 403-342-8238.
Local residential streets, such as closes (also known as Grey Routes) will be swept first, followed by collector routes, main thoroughfares through neighbourhoods (also known as Green Routes). Street sweeping happens Sunday through Thursday from 7 a.m. to 11 p.m.