Frequently Asked Questions

Accounts Receivable Frequently Asked Questions

When do I need a credit account with the City?

All customers seeking credit with The City of Red Deer are required to complete and sign a credit application.

How do I set up an account with The City of Red Deer?

Customers must complete and sign a credit application/contract in order to proceed with the credit granting process. Accounts Receivable will review or adjudicate all applications and contracts, and assign/approve credit limits and terms.

Will I be contacted on my credit application?

Yes. All applicants will be contacted regarding the final status of their application.

What are the credit terms for The City of Red Deer?

Below are the terms agreed to by the applicant for authorization to collect, use and disclose personal and commercial information.

By signing the Credit Application, the customer agrees and authorizes that:

Payment is due 30 days from date of invoice, after which time unpaid invoice balances will be subject to a monthly interest charge of 1.5% (18% per annum).

The City of Red Deer may obtain such credit reports or other information that is deemed necessary in connection with the establishment and maintenance of a credit account; and The City of Red Deer may disclose information collected from the applicant or other sources concerning the applicant or its business to other municipal departments and credit reporting agencies with whom the applicant or its business has or may have a business relationship.

The customer confirms that the information given for the purpose of obtaining credit is true and correct and it is agreed that notification will be given to The City of Red Deer of any material changes of such information.

Personal information is collected under the authority of Sections 33(c) and 34 of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act. The personal information will be used and disclosed for the purposes set out on the credit application. If the customer has any questions about the collection, use or disclosures of this information they are to contact Accounts Receivable at 403-342-8110.

How can I update my billing information for my AR account?

To update your billing information, fill out the online Change of Mailing Address form.

How can I pay the invoice I received?

You can make payment at the following locations;

  • Most financial institutions (copy of the invoice is required).
  • By mail - make your cheque payable to The City of Red Deer and mail it to PO Box 5008, Red Deer, AB, T4N 3T4.
  • Use one of the two, 24-hour drop boxes located near the entrances to City Hall (4914 48 Ave). Please include a payment stub and the account number you wish to pay.
  • In person on the first floor of City Hall (4914 48 Ave) between 8 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. Monday to Friday, using one of the following methods: cash, cheque, debit card, Visa or MasterCard.
  • We can direct bill to Alberta Blue Cross on your behalf if we are supplied with your benefit information.
What is this invoice for? Explanation of common invoice abbreviations on an AR invoice.
  • ALS/BLS Fee: Base rate for Ambulance services
  • AMB: Ambulance billing
  • Response Fee: Applies to all patients who were assessed but not transported to the hospital
  • MVC: Motor Vehicle Collision – Clean up
  • WF: Waste Facility (Landfill)
Why am I being billed for an ambulance service when I was in a motor vehicle accident?

Invoices resulting from a motor vehicle accident are the responsibility of the individual invoiced. Submit these invoices directly to your auto insurance company.

In most cases, Alberta Blue Cross, Social Services, AISH, ACHB, AAHB, Treaty and Health Canada will not pay for ambulance services that are the result of a motor vehicle accident.

Why am I receiving a bill for ambulance service when I have coverage?
  • We may not have received your coverage information.
  • You may have a deductible that you are responsible for.
  • Your insurance plan may not cover the entire amount of the invoice.
  • Your coverage may not have been active on the date the service was provided.
  • You may need to submit the invoice directly to your insurance provider.