Sign Permits

A development permit is required to construct a new or replace an existing sign unless specified as exempt in the Land Use Bylaw.

You will need a development permit for a sign. For a list of exemptions and regulations, visit the Land Use Bylaw Section 3.3 and 3.4 or contact a Development Officer at 403-342-8190 or

Who can apply?

An owner, contractor or anyone authorized to do so on behalf of the owner of the property can apply. If you are not the owner of the property, you will need a Letter of Authorization (pdf)   

Required Forms

What else should I know?

The Sign Bylaw is currently under review. For more information, please visit Project: Update the Land Use Bylaw.

For more information, call Inspections & Licensing at 403-342-8190 or visit us on the third floor of City Hall between 8 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday.