Door to Door Policy
The Action Bus is a door-to-door public transportation service.
Action Bus Operators DO:
- Operate power lifts and ramps on the vehicle.
- Secure wheelchairs and scooters in restraint devices to the floor.
- Assist clients with lap/shoulder straps and belts.
- Assist clients on and off the bus.
- Assist clients between the vehicle and the inside of the first exterior set of accessible doors at the place of origin and/or destination. An accessible door is an outside door with no more than one step.
Action Bus Operators Do Not:
- Assist clients in climbing more than one step.
- Enter a client's residence under any circumstances.
- Make repairs or adjustments to equipment.
- Carry parcels or load baggage. Limit carry on items to what can be carried by you at one time, or travel with an attendant who can help.
- Make multiple trips to load equipment on the bus. All equipment must be at ground level when the Operator arrives.