Due to consistently warm temperatures, the Ice Oval at Setters Place will temporarily close through Monday, January 30, 2023.x
Great Chief Park
The sport fields at Great Chief Park provide top performance fields for a variety of sports enthusiasts.
- Two fastball diamonds
- Two baseball diamonds
- Synthetic regulation sized sports field lined for football and soccer lighting
- Dressing room/bathroom facility
- Raised media booth
- Concession, available for rental by user group
- Kiwanis Picnic Park includes picnic shelter and playground, within short walking distance
- 9-hole Pitch' n Putt golf course, Open May 1 - Oct 1
- Use of the course is by cash donation, on a first-come, first-served basis. Access to the course is on foot between the Baseball #1 and Setters Place Field fences, just past the Great Chief Park Field House.
- Horseshoe pits
Fee and Access Options
If you're interested in booking Great Chief Park, or one of the various Class A or B sport fields, please email email@example.com for more information on timelines and how to complete a rental application. Fees are applicable to games, practices, special events and tournaments.
Also at Great Chief Park
Responsible pet owners are asked to comply with expectations set out below:
- Dogs allowed on leash within the sport field areas
- Dogs restricted to non-bleacher viewing areas
- Clean up after your pet. ‘Dog doo’ bag dispensers available on site
- Pet ‘refreshment’ area for water access available on site
- Aggressive or noisy dogs will not be permitted on the premises
Pets and their owners will be asked to leave the premises if found not following guidelines set out. Bylaw/RCMP officers can remove dogs, and/ or fine owners not complying with local Bylaws.