The City of Red Deer works hard to ensure the accuracy of the information on your utility bill—please help us do this by carefully reviewing your bill.
Check to ensure:
- Your customer information is correct including your name and service address.
- The correct services are listed on the front of your utility bill.
- Report any errors to the Utility Billing Service Centre.
If your water usage seems too high:
- Check for leaky faucets and running toilets. Faulty plumbing will impact your utility bill. All water that moves through the meter will be billed.
- Read the water meter, located inside the building.
- Report your meter reading by using our online form at www.reddeer.ca/watermeter. We will need the following information;
- Utility account holder's name
- Utility account number
- Service address
- Home phone number
- Email address
- Water meter read - all digits, including the decimal digits
- Brief description of the issue
Where is my water meter located?
Your water meter is located on the inside of the property, generally in the basement or a maintenance area.
Who reads my water meter?
The City of Red Deer will obtain your meter read by radio frequency on a monthly basis. ENMAX will continue reading external remote meters on The City's behalf until the water meter replacement has been completed. If no reading can be obtained, your bill will be estimated.