Every spring City streets are swept to remove the sanding material that has been spread on the streets over the winter. The main thoroughfares are swept first, and then we move into the residential areas.
What you need to know
- "No Parking" signs are placed on the streets a minimum of 12 hours before work begins. Watch for these signs in your area. Vehicles left parked on signed streets will be towed.
- You can sign up for Street Sweeping Alerts with Notify Red Deer to get a text, email or phone call reminder before parking restrictions take effect in your area. Sign up online today!
- All curb ramps, basketball hoops and other objects must be removed from City streets.
- You can help by sweeping debris from the sidewalks in front of your house on to the road.
- Be sure to stay a safe distance from sweepers, obey construction signs, and slow down when passing maintenance workers. Your patience and cooperation is greatly appreciated.
Residential Street Sweeping for 2020 is complete.
|D (Downtown)||Grey and Green||COMPLETE|
|O||Grey & Green||COMPLETE|