Back by popular demand, The City of Red Deer is once again offering the Rain Barrel Rebate Program where residents who purchase and install a new rain barrel can apply for a rebate of up to $50.
Beginning April 9, 2018 rebate application forms will be available:
- Online on this page
- To pick up from the first floor of City Hall (4914 – 48 Avenue) or from Environmental Services front desk at Civic Yards (7721 – 40 Avenue)
Who qualifies for a rebate?
You qualify if you:
- Are a city of Red Deer resident
- Have a City of Red Deer utility (water bill) account
- Purchase a new rain barrel in the 2018 calendar year
- Install and operate the rain barrel at a property located in the city of Red Deer
- Have not purchased the rain barrel through another municipality’s incentive program
- Include an original or copy of the receipt of your rain barrel purchase. The receipt must clearly indicate the name of the store, product name, price and date of purchase. Your name must be clearly written on the receipt.
The program runs from April 9 to August 31, 2018. A limited number of rebates are available on a first-come, first-served basis. A rebate of 50 per cent of the cost of the rain barrel, up to $50, is applied to your utility account. Please allow eight to twelve weeks for the credit to be applied to your account.
Maximum one rebate per utility account. Previous participants in the program are not eligible to receive another rebate.
For more information, please refer to our Rain Barrel FAQ (pdf) .