Residents who purchase and install a new rain barrel can apply for a rebate of 50 per cent of the cost of the rain barrel to a maximum of $50. Maximum one rebate per utility account regardless of the rebate amount. People who participated in the program in past years are not eligible to receive another rebate.
Rebate application forms are available online from April 18 to October 28, 2022.
Who qualifies for a rebate?
You qualify if you:
- Are a City of Red Deer resident.
- Have a City of Red Deer utility (water bill) account.
- Purchase a new rain barrel in 2022.
- Install and operate the rain barrel at a property located in the city of Red Deer.
- Have not previously participated in the program or another municipality’s rain barrel incentive program.
- Include a copy of the receipt of your rain barrel purchase. The receipt must clearly indicate the name of the store, product name, price and date of purchase. Your name must be clearly written on the receipt.
The program runs from April 18 to October 28. A limited number of rebates are available on a first-come, first-served basis. Please allow eight to 12 weeks for the credit to be applied to your account.
Other rebate programs