New for 2019, The City of Red Deer is offering a Plant Rebate Program where residents who purchase plants that are native and/or drought-tolerant and plant them in their home landscaping can apply for a rebate of up to $50.
Application forms will be available:
- Online: Plant Rebate Form
- To print: Plant Rebate Application Form (pdf)
- To pick up from the first floor of City Hall (4914 – 48 Avenue) or from Environmental Services front desk at Civic Yards (7721 – 40 Avenue)
Who qualifies for a rebate?
You qualify if you:
- Are a city of Red Deer resident
- Have a City of Red Deer utility (water bill) account
- Purchase a plant from the 2019 Qualifying Plants List (pdf) in the 2019 calendar year
- Plant the approved plant on your own property located in the city of Red Deer
- Include an original or copy of the receipt of your plant purchase. The receipt must clearly indicate the name of the store, product name, price and date of purchase. Your name must be clearly written on the receipt.
- Include before and after photos of the landscaped area
- Include photos of the plant, ensuring the photo includes a plant identifier tag or label
The program will run from June 10 to October 25, 2019. A limited number of rebates are available on a first-come, first-served basis. A rebate of 50 per cent of the cost of approved plants, up to $50, is applied to your utility account. Please allow eight to twelve weeks for the credit to be applied to your account.
Maximum one plant rebate per utility account. Plants in pots or planters do not qualify.
For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 403-342-8750.