The Plant Rebate Program offers rebates to residents who purchase perennial, native or drought-tolerant plants listed on the Qualifying Plants List (pdf) . A rebate of 50 percent of the cost of the plant(s), to a maximum of $50, is applied to your utility account. Maximum one rebate per utility account regardless of the rebate amount. People who participated in the program in past years are not eligible to receive another rebate.
Rebate application forms are available online from April 18 to October 28, 2022.
Who qualifies for a rebate?
You qualify if you:
- Are a city of Red Deer resident.
- Have a City of Red Deer utility (water bill) account.
- Purchase the Qualifying Plants List (pdf) in 2022.
- Plant the plant(s) in the ground at a property located in the city of Red Deer.
- Have not previously participated in the program or another municipality's plant incentive program.
- Include a copy of the receipt of your plant(s) purchase. The receipt must clearly indicate the name of the store, product name, price and date of purchase. Your name must be clearly written on the receipt.
- Include before and after photos of the space where the plant(s) was planted, as well as photos of the plant identifier tag(s).
The program runs from April 18 to October 28. A limited number of rebates are available on a first-come, first-served basis. Please allow eight to 12 weeks for the credit to be applied to your account.
For more information, please refer to our Qualifying Plants List (pdf) and Plant Rebate Program FAQs (pdf) or contact Environmental Initiatives at 403-403-8820 or firstname.lastname@example.org.