Yard Waste Includes:
- Grass clippings
- Garden waste
- Tree trimmings
How to Put Yard Waste Out For Pick-up
- Place yard waste in your Green Cart along with your kitchen scraps and pet waste.
- Extra yard waste that does not fit in your Green Cart:
- Place loose in a garbage can.
- Place loose in a paper yard waste bag, which are available at most hardware and department stores.
- Small branches can be bundled and tied with a string. Maximum branch size is 1 inch in diameter and 3 feet long.
- No diseased or elm branches are permitted. Break down and place in your black cart or take to the Waste Management Facility for disposal.
- No plastic bags are permitted. Since plastic isn’t compostable, any yard waste set out in plastic bags will not be collected.
- Yard waste must be placed out prior to 7 a.m. on your collection day to ensure pick-up.
- Yard waste cans and bags must weigh less than 25 kg (55 lbs).
- Be sure to place any extra yard waste one metre away from your carts on collection day.
Yard Waste Drop-off
Yard waste is also accepted year round at the Waste Management Facility. Please note, charges will apply at the Waste Management Facility, including a $7 minimum charge.
Free Yard Waste Week
During Free Yard Waste Week residents can drop off compostable yard waste from their home free of charge at the Waste Management Facility. This includes large items such as tree trunks and branches. Maximum tree trunk size accepted is 4 feet in diameter and 4 feet in length.
- Spring Free Yard Waste Week - May 2 - 7, 2022
- Fall Yard Waste Week - October 10 - 15, 2022