Oxbows Off Leash Dog Park
The park is located at the corner of 19 Street and 40 Avenue. The park entrance is located off of 40 Avenue.
The site includes the following features:
- entrance staging area
- winding trails
- diverse terrain
- open training sites
- rest locations
- agility park
- interpretive kiosks
- small dogs area
Due to the site's closeness to Piper Creek, the park's trails and amenities were designed to mirror the creek's wandering nature; hence, it has appropriately been named 'The Oxbows", as the term "oxbow" is widely used to refer to a U-shaped meander in a river.
Dog Park Etiquette
- have up-to-date license and vaccinations
- not chase wildlife
- interact well with other dogs and dog owners
- come immediately when called
Dog owners must:
- keep dog on a leash until inside the fenced area
- have a leash in possession at all times
- keep dog within sight and under verbal control at all times
- clean up after dog and fill any holes the dog may dig
- remove dog from the park at the first sign of aggression
For more information please contact Parks & Public Works at 403-342-8238.